The Girls From Poppyfield Close
“Do you wish it had been me had been vanished?”
Over two decades ago Charlotte set off home from school. She never made it. But now the papers say a body has been found, bones dug up and the case is back in the headlines. In the remains of the house they all grew up in, now condemned for demolition, her sisters wait to find out, each harbouring their own guilt and secrets about what happened.
The Girls From Poppyfield Close began life as short play Blood that was produced as a double-bill by the Rascally Scoundrels at the Prague Fringe Festival in 2010. Live Theatre subsequently approached me to work on developing the piece into a full-length production.
As part of this ongoing process, the play was produced by Live Lab in the Studio Theatre in June 2011.
The cast was as follows:
Cheryl Marie Dixon
Directed by Rosie Kellagher
To see the play staged was extremely valuable, lessons were learnt and I am able to take the script away and continue developing it.
** For a Gallery of production photos, click [here] **
“Live Theatre Summer Season Preview” - kyeo.tv
“… what at first seems to be a family drama is slowly revealed as being much more … It’s definitely a play that will have legs” – The British Theatre Guide (*review contains spoilers!*)
AUDIENCE FEEDBACK …
Live Lab offers audiences the chance to fill in Feedback forms, here are some of the comments submitted:
- Brilliant show and absolutely brilliant theatre. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
- Well done – very thought provoking, explores the complex happenings within families … Will think about it for some time – very good.
- An excellent production! Effective design, good lighting/sound – superb performances. Brilliant piece of writing.
- Really enjoyed this production, great writing and acting. Made me laugh and cry
- An excellent piece of writing, acted well and beautifully staged.